Quality Assurance & Performance Engineering
Launchship provides various Quality Assurance & Performance Engineering services to clients and enables them to deliver secure, high performing and top quality products. Our QA & Testing Services offerings are focussed on identifying defects and issues in software much before they show up in the live environments. All our products, whether they are those developed for clients or created by our internal teams; are tested and certified by our QA team to ensure delivery of products with substantially high security, quality and performance.
Our Quality Assurance team is involved in all phases of project life cycle starting from the Requirements phase with “Impact Analysis” to Production, Deployment, Warranty & Support phases.
The various QA & Testing Services offered by Launchship are categorized broadly as shown below.
The following process represents the approach and involvement of our Quality Assurance initiative.
Launchship offers Manual Testing services to clients with the QA team members responsible to perform the said testing of the products to ensure that the quality standards are met.
Launchship’s functional testing methodology leverages the best practices to provide a complete & comprehensive coverage of functional specifications. QA team has extensive experience in conducting testing in agile, iterative or other software development methodology initiatives.
As part of the functional testing services Launchship offers:
- Impact analysis and evaluate test readiness
- Define test data for positive/negative testing
- Execute regression suite and report execution status
- Defined approach for quality gate definition, planning & estimation
- Document and report defects
- Maintain and manage the defect lifecycle using TFS(Team foundation Server)
- Publish go/no-go decision making dashboard for the release
- Assist business analysts in conducting business acceptance testing
- Provide support services to assist teams with defect reproduction
- Develop traceability matrix between the requirements vs. Test cases/scenarios
Launchship offers Automation Testing services to clients and delivers Automation Test scripts and results for Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Data Migration Validations and Business Validations.
Our team can deliver automation test scripts developed in Selenium with C#. The following software/steps highlight the approach taken by the team for delivering high quality results.
- Script Development in C# (using Microsoft Visual Studio)
- Selenium Webdriver 2.0
- Executing the scripts on application through ‘Nunit’
- Documents the Bugs that may be integrated into other systems like TFS and/or generating clear understandable
- Develop Automation Scripts supports for multi browser testing - IE 11, Chrome, Firefox & Safari browsers
With applications deployed on the web, a very high amount of due diligence is required to make sure that they are secure. They need to be devoid of any vulnerabilities that may compromise on the data or functionality and more importantly, the reputation of the client involved.
We offer Security Testing Services based on the popular standards like
- OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) - Top 10 Most Critical Web Application Security Risks
- CWE/SANS Top 25 - The 2011 CWE/SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors
- WASC - The Web Application Security Consortium (WASC)
Four main types of security testing are undertaken
Vulnerability Scanning: This is done through automated software to scan a system against known vulnerability signatures.
Security Scanning: It involves identifying network and system weaknesses, and later provides solutions for reducing these risks. This scanning can be performed for both Manual and Automated scanning.
Penetration testing: This kind of testing simulates an attack from a malicious hacker. It involves analysis of a system to check for potential vulnerabilities to external hacking attempts.
Ethical hacking: It involves hacking into software systems of an organization to identify any security holes in them. Unlike malicious hackers, who steal for their own gains, the intent of ethical hacking is to expose security flaws in the system so that they can be addressed and resolved.
Posture Assessment: This combines Security scanning, Ethical Hacking and Risk Assessments to show an overall security posture of an organization.
Integration of security testing process with the SDLC:
It is generally agreed and accepted that postponement of security testing after the software implementation or deployment phases is a costly affair. So, it is necessary to implement it in the earlier stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Following are the security processes to be adopted for various phases in SDLC.
Launchship offers Performance Engineering services in which applications are tested for performance bottlenecks from time to time to identify areas of the application that may need any corrective actions.
The performance engineering team evaluates both Database (DB) as well as application/network performance and uses appropriate tools to get the best results.
Key services provided includes:
- End-to-end performance engineering services
- Performance Engineering Bottleneck analysis and benchmarking
- Performance Testing Tool Feasibility
- Application performance monitoring
Tools Used for Performance Analysis & monitoring
Inhouse Tools - To monitor Database Active Transactions, Server Hardware Utilization
SQL Profiler - To review bottlenecks in Database Code and to redesign Stored Procedures
Prefix - To Analyse Database Calls
SQL Test - To analyse Database Performance while Code Execution
JMeter - To Design Scripts for Load Testing
Jenkins - Integration of Performance Monitoring Scripts to effectively utilize time and efforts
The above illustrates the Jenkins Server utilization to test various deployment environments.